Sunday, May 31, 2009

Damsel in Distress, your classic D.I.D.

The battle of the damsel and the dragon moves onward… At times I find myself wondering whether I am the damsel or the dragon. Is that burning inside of me the fire waiting to escape my lips? Is it the burning of a passion that has yet to be released? Or is it the unexplained pain in the form of fire burning from within.
On the other hand it could be that I am the damsel and I feel the burning inside, the burning of fear and the unknown. Do I fear the dragon with its tremendous ferocity as it chases me toward the destiny that I have yet to understand? Is that dragon the force that moves me forward or holds me back paralyzed by the thought of the grips of its talons?
I know that in the herculean time there was a hero who would come and help the damsel in distress by obliterating the opponent and taking her in his arms to safety. Is that so in the modern day? Do I wait for that herculean hero and let him sweep me off my feet? Does that happen anymore? Or perhaps I know the answer and I have only to rely on that God that I know to guide me as I battle the dragon. I have the tools and the know how to get through this and slay the dragon. But in that case I could be neither the damsel nor the dragon.
I feel as though I am both at times. I guess that is the complexity that leads me to the first questions, Am I the fire of the dragon, or the victim of the ferocious beast?

No comments:

Post a Comment